Sunday, July 7, 2019

Operation Coldfront: Ratnik

Stormshield not included...
Oh my goodness... it's been a long time since the last update.

I have spent the last few months painting terrain for a second Infinity table for a recent satellite tournament.  I had a stack of Warsenal terrain that needed doing - especially since it had sat in shrink wrap for 4 years! 

In any case- with the terrain (mostly) done- it was time to get back on track with TAK.

NMM
As much as I hate doing non metallic metal... I do get the feeling I'm improving slowly.  Rather strangely it was with doing it over and over again on terrain.  It really is about maxing out the contrasts betweens the depths and the highlights and then doing "hot spot" highlights to accentuate the imaginary shine.

Spot highlights... crude.
Chipped already!  GAH!

Rear view

I'm quite happy with how the back turned out... since it is mostly black- a beastly colour to work with at the best of times.

I even tried orange NMM, which wasn't that successful- but I'm learning for next time.

Shotgun!
The NMM on the shotgun magazine was a bit of an experiment with light blue NMM, building on my previous work with the line Kazak rifles.

Following the same principles of pushing the contrasts and hot spots, I added some extra "bright streaks" in the dark zones of the magazine to try and give it even more pop.

Summary shot.
Until next time everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment