Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Operation Coldfront: Veteran Kazak AP Rifle

Chasing those Stalkers out of the Zone.
I wasn't that much of a fan of the model until I put some paint on it... now I love it.

I also made an effort to use saturated colours and thus accentuate the contrasts on the armour.  it really helps make the model 'pop' on the table top.

Funny fingers but whatever.
As part of my effort to increase the speed of painting I airbrushed the armour.  Over a black undercoat, I sprayed VMA- Camouflage Green and then highlighted (at 45 degrees) with directed and controlled sprays of VMA- Light Camouflage Green.  It results in a very bright green but the subsequent washes darkened it.

Multicam... sort of.
I then did the multicam of the uniform before washing the armour and cams with Citadel Athonian Camoshade.  I applied a second coat in areas that didn't show enough contrast.

To push the contrast, I then mixed some VGC Dead Flesh with the VMA Light Cam Green in a 1:2 ratio on a wet palette.  Thinning it out- I did some general area highlights over the tops of the shoulder pads before edge highlighting with the base mixture.  

At this point I applied some scratches too.

Rifle view.
The rifle and backpack I completed as per my Grunt tutorial.

Not that happy with the glowing purple lenses.
But too bad, it's for just above tabletop standard and I have a pile of other miniatures to get through.

Next!

Summary.
Until next time, happy hobbying!




No comments:

Post a Comment