Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Strelok: T2 Marksman Rifle

Killing Snorks from afar.
I've been sick. 

So it's catch up time!  I present the latest Bolt Action-esque paint job with a Palmenmuster jacket.

It was a nice little adventure and it worked out quite well.

The Wermacht vibe is strong with this one.

I mucked around with the face mask a fair bit but my skills aren't enough to do it justice.

Saturated colours are the best.

The camouflage worked out on this Strelok a lot better than the last one.  One reason was that I opted for more saturated colours- I didn't mix the orange brown with chocolate brown.  It led to a less "realistic" muted camouflage but more table top pop.

Love this camouflage pattern.
It's a shame I'm going to leave this camouflage pattern just for Streloks (since I only take 2 in my lists) because it's been a fun time painting it!

My favourite model currently!
And a few more photos for my own mental notes....

Palmenmuster


Brown blobs and orange blobs next to each other.

Small 'fingers' from the brown spreading into the orange.

Then occasional dots of orange in the chocolate brown and chocolate brown in the orange brown.


T2-Marksman Rifle

Rifle
Not every edge needs a highlight- sometimes less is more.

Scratches make a nice way of making a flat black surface look interesting.

The weapon isn't the whole model... don't get too hung up on it.
Non metallic metal magazines- multiple streaks in parallel with the highlight help give that illusion of metal.


Summary Photo

Ready for some surprise shooting!
Onto the next figure!

Until next time, happy hobbying.




No comments:

Post a Comment