Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Project This Weekend- Fog of War Cards

I have only spent a fraction of this weekend painting (and half of it working!).  I wanted to show what I've been dabbling with.

Annoying, there aren't any Fog of War cards that come in a stand alone packet.  My attempts to print out on paper and have turned out dismally- I have to apologise to the tree that sacrificed itself for my endeavour- so I did a bit of looking around online.

There are actually a lot of companies online that do create custom playing cards.  But I found them difficult to use and really not that adaptable to the needs of a gamer.  So a little bit more sniffing around landed me on the blog page of an 'All Things Zombie' player who created custom event cards for his games.

Anyways- I've spent today scouring the internet for suitably modern pictures to create a custom deck just for me.  (Two decks actually- as there are 72 cards in the Tomorrow's War FoW 'deck'- not 54).  It consists of the Tomorrow's War deck and a few added cool ones from Force on Force- like the reinforcement ones.

The interface I'm using to create the cards isn't the friendliest so it's dragged on a bit.  But not to worry, I'll persevere!

I'll add that this is totally unofficial,  not backed by Ambush Alley Games and is strictly for my use only   (i.e not a commercial enterprise).  Just a bit more effort to get a nice gaming experience for my gaming group.

P.S.
As an aside- I'm happy to refer readers to my two TW FoW decks- just put your email in the comments section and I'll email the link to you.  I'm not going to put the link on public display because I don't want to tread on anyone's toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment