Saturday, June 1, 2013

Remember, A Smile Is Cheaper Than A Bullet....


Platoon HQ: Sergeant, Lieutenant, Signaller, Medic
I refuse to surrender to the rat race.  The more I'm forced to work and do my post grad stuff- the more I paint.  (And the less sleep I get!)

Medic- rear view
Signaller- side view (sorry, bit blurry!)

I've really become very fond of these RUSK miniatures.  They are a bit shiny because of a generic matt varnish spray that I used on them.  I think the next batch I'll do will have to be with Testor's Dullcote (which has finally arrived in Australia!!!! Hoooray!).

Fire team- high tech RPG and high tech RPK
 
Another fire team- ATGM and minigun

Another fire team- minigun
Sniper and energy weapon in this group

I haven't formally grouped anyone into squads yet (except for PHQ- and even then I might even add another rifleman as a runner).  I am a big fan of standardisation in the orbatt.  I know, it's very OCD.  At the moment, the sniper and mini gunners count as light support weapons.  Any other big bang weapons count as RPGs or LAWs.  

I do have a few other RUSKs to paint, so I'll get cracking since the coming month is going to get very, very busy (work wise).  Once they are done, I'll make another small order for 20mm bases and a handful of RUSK miniatures to flesh out the platoon.  The spare rifleman guys left over?  Well- someone's going to have to drive their armoured vehicles.

Group photo for the guys done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment