Friday, August 16, 2013

WIP: Khurasan Miniatures T-90

Work has definitely been difficult lately, so it would seem that August just isn't the month for painting.  However... having internet access has meant that my Tomorrow's War fantasies have ballooned into Hindenburg proportions!

Ladies and Gentleman, I present one of my latest internet purchases- the storm hammer of MNU, the shadow sword of the Ark Light Battalion, bane blade of the prawns, land raider of the steppe: a T-90 tank! 


T-90, in 15mm and in parts.


What can I say?  Superb detailing on a 15mm miniature.  Minimal clean up needed.  Awesome looking and reasonably intuitive to put together (I still don't know how that periscope thing is supposed to face though- but hey- it's 15mm, like it matters... much).  And also- incredibly quick and professional service by Khurasan Miniatures.  Have I mentioned that they do ARMOUR with added AWESOME?

What's better than one T-90?

You guessed it....

Pardon, what did you say?

Having not had much experience with resin, I prowled the forums and got a few hints.  I filled up a bucket with dishwashing liquid (for hand washing- not a dishwashing machine liquid) plus luke warm water and grabbed an old toothbrush.  I dropped the resin parts into the bucket and then methodically brushed each part like it was a tooth.  I then rinsed with cold water and left them out in the wan winter sun to dry off.

Then, after a few hours of running around doing errands, I came home and examined them.  Dry enough!

I then grabbed my Araldite, mixed up some glue and went to work.

I clearly haven't had enough experience with Araldite because the damn tank didn't stick together.  I got annoyed.  I picked my my trusty Zap-a-Gap- and it too had problems gluing the infernal toy together.  I then accidentally dropped a bit of Zap-a-Gap into a crevice where the tank barrel was peeling away from the turret piece...

... cement.  And quick too!  Seconds.

Their powers combined = great combo.

So anyways, this is where I'm at with this pair.

Araldite + Zap-a-Gap = excellent adhesive!
For those of you who have the Tomorrow's War book, I think you'll be able to guess which scenario I'm building up towards playing.

Until next time, happy gaming!



No comments:

Post a Comment