Thursday, April 9, 2015

Space Hulk: Sergeant Gideon and Brother Leon

Finally playable!

I finished the last of the two Space Marines- giving me two squads of 5 Terminators.

I finished them in time for my friends and I to give Space Hulk a go.  Unfortunately things didn't go well for the Blood Angels and they lost twice in a row!  Space Hulk reminds me very much of a tower defence game- using storm bolters to cover long corridors and keeping the heavy weapons to clean out the rooms.

The Blood Angels will never stop though.  Onwards!


Here are some progress shots:

Red highlights and base colours completed.
I was dreading doing the details on these two because they had so many pieces to paint.

However, once I got underway it became quite satisfying watching the miniature come together.

Majority of the detailing finished.

Sergeant Gideon

Thunder hammer and Storm shield
I'm very happy with the crest and his hammer.  The crest is the favourite part of the miniature.

Gems.

Brother Leon

When the going gets tough, the tough go cyclic.
The assault cannon is one of the most useful weapons in the game- second only to the flamer when it comes to clearing out rooms of blips or genestealers.

Assault cannon in profile.

I still have two Space Marines left to paint- but their missions won't be up for a little while as yet- so I'll aim to clear out a few models on the back log before completing them.

Until next time happy hobbying.

No comments:

Post a Comment