Monday, July 8, 2019

Beyond Coldfront: Vassily Plushenko

You!  You should be painting!
I wasn't that enamored of the model... but now he's painted- I'm very happy with him.

I've gone with the usual darker, grimier camouflage style rather than the shiny NMM on the studio scheme.
Brown pouches.
The pouches turned out well- the yellow/ tan hue being a nice contrast with the green of the uniform.

Big shoulders.
The shoulder pads were interesting to do.  Originally, I had them painted as plain green armour- but it looked out of place.  So I changed it to soft armour and made it camouflage. 

The issue then was how to highlight the edges of the shoulder guards.  I ended up using thinned out German Grey mixed with some Deck Tan which turned out too bright.  So I washed it with a thin coat of Athonian Camoshade which dulled it quite nicely.

I used the same technique sparingly on the very highest edges of the pouches on the sides of the trousers as well to give them a big of form.

Big packs.
The ever reliable Minotauro Studio formula for back packs worked out very well.

NMM practice on the magazine.
As always- a bit of experimentation to try and get a feel of what NMM is all about.

Directing the minions!
Until next time, happy hobbying!

Detailing






No comments:

Post a Comment