Thursday, September 24, 2015

USAriadna: Grunt 3

Two days past eighteen, he was waiting for the bus in his Army greens...
Finally!

After a big interruption from work I got some time to sit myself down and finish off my last Grunt from the USAriadna starter set.


He is my favourite Grunt model by far because he had no skin to paint!  Nothing quite says 'badass' (and simple painting) than a helmet and a balaclava.

Sat down in a booth in a cafe there, Gave his order to a girl with a bow in her hair...
I was tempted to paint the Texas flag on his brassard but the black and white star won out.

So the letters came from an Army camp, In California then Vietnam...
I'm quite happy with how the cam turned out.  The armour plating highlights are a bit thick from the Citadel pot... it's time to get Vallejo equivalents.

And he told her of his heart, It might be love and all the things he was so scared of...
Really happy with how the back pack turned out.  Excellent result- thanks Minotauro Studio!

Never more to be alone when a letter said, A soldier's coming Home.
Until next time intrepid hobbyists!

No comments:

Post a Comment