Sunday, November 1, 2015

Traktor Mul: Uragan and Katyusha

WALL-E gets an upgrade.
The club challenge was to paint models for the month of October.

I had been putting off painting these models for ages.  My excuse was that I was waiting for an airbrush to be able to highlight the domes of the remotes....

... Well the airbrush finally arrived and I could no longer make excuses.

I present the Traktor Muls!


Katyusha

Uragan
This was going to be my version of speed paint....

48hrs previous.
I hit them with Vallejo Black Surface Primer.

Then I followed up with Vallejo Air Cam Green.  Then I panel highlighted with Vallejo Reflective Green and Vallejo Uniform Green (thinned out of course).

With that done it was onto brush work- edge highlighting with Citadel Death World Forest and finally with Citadel Nurgling Green.

Detailing
Weathering- I applied some watered down Vallejo Flat Earth along the cracks to simulate rain water dirt.

Then using Vallejo Charred Earth and a left over grey foam I gently dabbed on some dirt.

Non metallic metal
With the NMM, I went with a base of Citadel The Fang.

I mixed in a bit of Vallejo Black and then created the base colour.  I then successively highlighted up with Citadel The Fang, then Vallejo Cold Grey and then finally Vallejo Ghost Grey.

I tried to highlight only on the areas of the wheel that would catch the light.

Overall it has worked out quite well.

Baggage and details
Baggage in profile.
Charging across the Fulda Gap
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment