Sunday, November 8, 2015

Tankhunter- AP HMG

Stop!  Snarks!
Another Tankhunter finished.  Armed with an armour piercing HMG he should (hopefully) put down any TAGs and Heavy Infantry that stray into range.

Being an older sculpt he is also a bit cartoony but at a distance he looks fine... that's good enough for me!


HMG in profile.
I like the aesthetics of the weapon though!  The sighting system doesn't make a lot of sense but the whole thing just looks the business.

Pouches.
I experimented with the pouches- painting them in VMC Cam Olive Green and then highlighting with Citadel Straken Green and then again with Citadel Nurgling Green.

The parts which looked too bright I then washed down (heavily) with watered down VMC Cam Olive Green.

The straps I did quite simply with VMC Chocolate Brown, followed by a highlight of VMC English Uniform and then a final highlight of VMC Medium Grey.

Back Pack.
The back pack I painted the same way as my Grunts (indeed the same as my entire Ariadna force so far).  It's a good method that really stands out well on the table top.

Mine.
I was much happier with how this mine turned out compared to the last Tankhunter.

The mine holder was painted in VMC Chocolate Brown, with VMC Khaki highlight and then a final highlight of VMC Medium Grey.

The mine was painted like a reverse gem with all the blending/ shading on the corner that would catch the most light (top left).  I used a VMC Prussian Blue for the base colour and then in progressively smaller sections of the top left highlighted with Citadel Teclis Blue, Citadel Lothern Blue and then finally Citadel Baharroth Blue.

Appearing as a camo marker near you!
Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment