Thursday, December 13, 2018

Blackjack T2 Sniper Rifle: Double Edition

Exotic ammo type for the total immune amongst you!
It's been a while!  I've been painting away furiously and getting some games in.  

I can't remember exactly when the thought of running double sniper Blackjacks in a single list would be a good thing (... I think it was for The Grid mission)- but I've had a Blackjack mouldering in a corner for almost a year.
Spartan.
I wasn't a fan of the miniature for a long time and it didn't help that I had done a rough horrid paint job and needed to acetone bath the thing.

Don't ask me how he gets to his packed lunch.
I'm happy with how it's turned out- especially with the battle damage chips that I was experimenting with.

That rifle.
That T2 sniper rifle is a bit hit and miss in game.  It's saved my bacon once or twice but most of the time it doesn't do a heck of a lot.  Perhaps I'm not pointing it at the right things?  Burst 2 isn't enough dice in active unfortunately (and BS 13 is good- but not enough against the hard to kill things I'd throw the Blackjack at) but it does look cool.

Threatening... but often more bark than bite.
So where is this second one?  

I present... 

The Punisher.
I painted this guy first- and got all my oil washes done with the wrong product in the wrong sequence.

Punisher skull decal.
He looked a bit ugly- until I tightened up the contrasts with a dark brown shade via Airbrush and then a bright edge highlight.  Now he is passable.

The T2 Sniper
The T2 Sniper rifle definitely came out better on this guy that the previous one.

Cleaner- sharper- but doesn't shoot any better!
Contrasts well with the 'dirty' look.

Ready to chop away.
Since Blackjacks are AVA 3- I'll have to dump them into a list and see how they go (probably not well I suspect)... but it should be done for the laughs!

The three big boys.
And the duo for the record....

The Spartan.
And his mate...

The Punisher.
Until next time.

LoLs galore.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment