Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Colonel Voronin and Antipode

Grrrr.
It was supposed to be an easy model to paint with very little in the way of teeny tiny details.

But like all things that look simple- it turned into a painful experience.
Don't look to closely at the chain.
Firstly there was the positioning.  I couldn't get Voronin's hand and chain to line up with the Antipode and ended up snapping the chain.

Black.
The Antipode being black was another experiment in painting black that went so badly I had to throw it into acetone and start again.

I tried two different types of black- "cold" black for the skin and then "warm" black for the mane and tail.

Hours and hours of layering later, I finally gave up and glued him into position.  I had to remind myself that this figure will be strictly table top standard and there were other models on my paint queue that needed to be done.

Time was up.  Time to move on.

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment