Sunday, May 31, 2020

Traktor Muls- TAK.

Fire support.
The old green painted Traktors needed replacing.  So I did up two new ones.

Side view. 
They are more often than not left as simple baggage bots but the weapon options have their place.  Situational I admit but they do have their place.

Other side view.
The actual painting was more labour intensive than I originally thought.  (Isn't it always?).

After masking and air brushing the modulation on the panels- I then remembered I had to edge highlight and do the detailing....

Side view.
The paints were the AK set for German Panzer Grey.

Katyusha

Urugan... or is that the other way around?
The German Grey is a really nice blue grey and I ended up using VGC Cold Grey as the edge highlights.

Packs for "Baggage".
 The baggage I did the usual way I always do my back packs.

Weathering and Edge Highlights.
Then with that done I did a black oil wash after a coat of gloss varnish.

Always wait 24hrs before applying a wash.  I broke that rule being impatient and I eroded the paintwork on the Katyusha dome.  Something I then tried to disguise as battle damage weathering.

Gems.
I'm very glad to get these off my painting queue as they've been waiting over a year (gulp!) to complete.

Hopefully I get some more painting done and check off a few more projects that have languished in purgatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment