Monday, March 4, 2013

First Warhammer Battle In 6 years

I took photos- but the quality was horrid.  It was, however, a good game against a great opponent.

I took 1600 points of Empire (whatever I had painted)- against 1600 points of Chaos- built into a pretty hard list.  My opponent commented that I lost at the moment I put out my list.

I guess the key points for me are:

1. Empire is synergistic.  Without buffs, infantry simply evaporate.

2.  Empire without characters in their units- are also prone to evaporate.

3.  Shoot, shoot, shoot.  And then attack whatever is left over.

4.  Increase the unit sizes of the units that count and don't waste points on 'fluff' units.

In terms of the hobby- I like painting more than I like playing.  However, I wouldn't buy a sports car and leave it in the garage either.

Time to get a bit more competitive I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment