Saturday, March 30, 2013

There's These Markings- So It's Definitely Alien....


A GZG Crusty walker. 

I had a lot of trouble assembling the models.  They are good sculpts and there is minimal flash.  I had a lot of problems gluing the parts together.  The magic Zap-a-Gap that has served me so well for everything else so far just couldn't hold the parts together.  Instead, I found my fingers extremely well stuck to various arms and legs.

After ripping my finger tips off the metal I had to do a rethink.

I used small amount of milliput AND Zap-a-Gap on the joins and it worked out serviceable.  But not perfect.  The irony of course, was that I then had to rip the arms off to get into the corners to paint.

Then a friend suggested I try "epoxy".  It was the first time I'd ever heard of it.  I'll definitely look for that product.  It'll save me hours of pain and frustration.  My next free day, I'm going to track that mysterious substance down. 


As for painting- I tried to keep it simple. 

1. Black undercoat. 
2. Dark green base coat (VGC72.028), washed with Citadel Athonian Camoshade (a mucky brown green ink) and highlighted with VGC Sick Green (VGC72.029).
3. Citadel Administratum Grey for the white panels, highlighted with Ulthuan Grey
4. Weapons: Celestia Grey base (taking care to the leave the black lining) and then highlighting with Ulthuan Grey.  The red was Khorne Red base and highlighted with Evil Sunz Scarlet.

I was tempted to try OSL- but considering my average skills- I was happy with simple blue dots for the 'eyes'. 


As for what these monsters count as in Tomorrow's War... I don't know.  Walkers clearly.  Perhaps Light Armoured Vehicles?  They look suitably mean and well armoured.  And armed with some heavy weaponry. 

I've got another one on the way so he'll soon have a buddy to cover him whilst he does the sprint across the street. 

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment