Monday, March 18, 2013

Painted Miniatures Need Good Terrain


So this big box turned up on my door step today!

I was very excited.  Taking my box cutter to it....


Hooray!

Prompt delivery and all the bits I needed- thank you Games Empire.

If you have noticed a slight World War 2 theme... barring the Energon crystals... you would be correct.  The Flames of War terrain (by Gale Force 9) looks excellent, all I need to do is give it a bit of a touch up with the static grass and then blast it with varnish.

A note to prospective buyers re: the Large Summer Wood.  Those trees are probably more suited to 28mm gaming than 15mm gaming.  I stood a GZG Crusty next to one of those trees and it TOWERED over him.  Not that this is unrealistic, I might add- I do recall walking amongst the canopy of pine trees in Canada that were dozens of metres tall.  But, just in terms of ease of spotting the little prawn buggers, the "Small Summer Wood" might be a better choice.

I'm going to have to clear out a few shelves of crusty old university notes to make space for this stuff but so be it!  Progress requires sacrifices!

I'm very happy with my new stuff.

I promise there is a battle report in the offing- and all of this Flames of War terrain will start to make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment