Tuesday, October 22, 2013

And Who Are You? The Proud Lord Said...

Base still to be completed.  OSL to perfect.

... That I must bow so low
Only a cat of a different coat
That's all the truth I know
A coat of gold, Or a coat of red
A lion still has claws
And mine are long and sharp, My Lord
As long and sharp as Yours...

Progress has been made!

This is Octavian armed with a combi rifle and a panzerfaust on his left shoulder.



I'll base this fellow tonight and then get started on his squad mate.

I still have a limited understanding of the Infinity universe- but this is what I can gather from reading a few pages of the Campaign: Paradiso.

The Morats are the premier fighting force of the Combined Army.  They are hyper aggressive, violent and fanatically fascist.  They show no mercy to their foes and have a particular contempt for humans.  They have no equal in close combat.  As the foot soldiers of the Evolved Intelligence- a malignant alien virtual being- they are the perfect enemies of humanity's own AI post-human super soldiers.

The two AIs are primed for a mega show down!  Can't wait!

I was asked recently why I changed the colour scheme from Caesar to Brutus- and it made me stop and think for a bit.  I'll repost my answer here too because I want to have it here to remind me of the thematic elements I'd like to continue onto the remainder of my Morats.

"I wasn't all that happy with the first model.  The solid green armour and white pads made it look like an Eldar Guardian (you know, from that *other* science fiction war game).  

I imagine Morats to be gritty, violent monsters like the Uruk-Hai from Lord of the Rings- not clean cut elegant beings.

So I opted to save the solid green for thick armour plating, and then used brown for all the other armour plates.

I was hoping to achieve a kind of WWII Imperial Army of Japan inspired scheme on the Morats- with all the implied brutality of warfare as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment