Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Terrain: Vehicles- Police Car

Dead or Alive, you're coming with me.
I don't normally blog about terrain- but this police car looked so cool on the table top I thought it deserved it's own post!


It's a Police vehicle from CNC Workshop Miniature Scenery.  It's made from MDF and needs construction with PVA (Elmer's) glue.  It can be a bit fiddly- mud flaps!- but once constructed it is really quite sturdy.

No dry fitting here!
I was inspired by the superb work on these models done at Total Reaction: "The Return of the Combined Army" and I wanted to copy the look.  With a twist.

Getting there...
I went for the black and white look... rather like the Black Templar Land Raiders from the other game that will not be mentioned!  I always loved the look of their Rhinos and Land Raiders.  I was tempted to free hand a scroll and stick on a Templar Cross from my bits box but I was able to restrain myself.

Your move, Creep!
I did the vision blocks in green because they look better in green.  In real life (TM) the vision blocks are a deep red colour (looked up some M1A2s and Bradleys).

I have detected 8 suspects, all wanted for Murder.
The Blue and White check pattern was a nod to the long suffering Police Department of my state.  Though not to the Highway Patrol for handing me a ticket! *shakes fist*

Serve the Public Trust.  Protect the Innocent.  Uphold the Law.
Also- it was quite simple to paint!

I sprayed the whole thing black.  Highlighted the edges and then worked on the detailing.  I finished off with a bit of dry brushing for the dirt.

Overall- a good turn out for a terrain piece and not too much time taken either.

Murphy.
I like this model a lot.

It will eventually turn up in a game of All Things Zombie: Final Fade Out.

Until next time, happy hobbying.



4 comments:

  1. Looks very very cool
    I have some of CNC's buildings and they're very good stuff. I really want a few of their vehicles next

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The CNC vehicles- from my limited collection- are very good.

      Their dune buggies are a pain in the backside to put together however- so be warned! Personally I'd get a truck or forklift- easier to assemble and overall better aesthetics.

      Delete
  2. yup, but having been playing a lot of borderlands 2 recently the buggy calls to me...

    ReplyDelete