Saturday, February 7, 2015

Sogarat HMG: Tacitus

They make a desert and they call it peace.
Finally... finally... it has arrived!

I was hoping this model would come in early January for a 400point tournament but life likes to throw in little hurdles.

The good thing is- with no time pressure- I didn't have to rush the paint job!


He was an easy model to assemble and being predominantly armour plating- he wasn't to bad to paint either!

Block painting and green highlights done.
He is a big improvement over the original Sogarat HMG model.  He's bulkier and more detailed and looks even more badass than his two predecessors.

Final assembly.
He looked fantastic once assembled.

I find with models like these- painting the hard to reach areas first and then assembling it makes the whole process much less painful.

HMG detailing
I love the new look HMG.  Looks like it'd make a great club.

The axe.
The axe is a great looking weapon.

Unfortunately I haven't been able t quite do it justice.  Perhaps metallic paint edging would help it stand out a bit more.  I'm still undecided.

Cabling/ myomer fibres.
I'm happy with how the cabling has turned out.  I liked it so much I went back and retouched up the other two Sogarats so they don't look out of place.

And they shall know no fear.
I cannot wait to put this team onto the table.

The 3 minions can't wait either!
Until next time, Happy Hobbying!

4 comments:

  1. Looks very cool. I agree about the axe, although it seems very smooth so difficult to do much to it. Maybe a bit more detail on the chipping?
    Regardless, these guys look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'm definitely thinking about working the chipping now that you mention it. I may toy with an airbrush as well... I'll have to see.

      Delete
  2. Very nice, again still waiting for mine to arrive in the post. I no longer have any of the old style Morat, sold them off. But the old Sogarat looks good with the new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The old Soggy fits in though he's smaller than the other two by a fair bit (this new guy is taller and bulkier than the feuerbach toting one from the new starter kit). I look forward to see them stomping their way across the battlefield.

      Delete