Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Umbra Legate: Hannibal

You have failed me for the last time, Admiral.

With the new Combined Army starter set released so recently, I was very excited to expand on my little Combined Army (Morats not withstanding).

Looking rather suspiciously like a Sith Lord, I had to paint him like the Star Wars villains.


He started out a bit plain but as I began to work on his glowing myofibril armour he started looking decent.

Abs done!
I did a base coat of Citadel Kantor Blue.  Then I followed up with successive highlights of Citadel Lothern Blue and finally Citadel Blue Horror.  I tried to be as careful as possible to just highlight the upper portions of the muscle striations- making sure to leave the deep blue colour in the recesses to accentuate the glow effect.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
I rather enjoyed painting his face.  It comes across as being very sinister.

I kept the red and white pauldrons to continue the unified theme of my Combined Army.

Tear the ship apart until you find those plans!
The next challenge was to attempt to do OSL with a brush.

The glowing sword in particular was a pain.  I dry brushed various shades of purple mixed with pink in strategic spots and then finished with an edge highlight.

I got a bit heavy handed with his left hand- (ha ha)- but oh well.

I must get an airbrush!

Overall, I'm quite happy with the result despite the crude OSL- and I can't wait to take him out for a spin.

You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a Traitor....

I sense something.

Now I am the Master!
Though, only a Master of Evil!

Until next time, Happy Hobbying!


4 comments:

  1. Love this guy, and you have made him look awesome. Still waiting on my CA box set arriving... postal issues it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate!

      I hope your CA box arrives soon- it's a great kit. The new sculpts are fantastic- I'm putting together the Maakrep now and she looks fun to paint.

      Delete
  2. Verrrry cool.
    I'm incredibly tempted to pick up some Combined myself. I think they'd get along well with all the ALEPH I have, right?

    ReplyDelete