Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sneaky Prawns, eh? Power Armoured Crusties!

I've got an in built can opener for that cat food!

The first four completed PA Crusties (power armoured prawns- PAP!).

I wanted to have a lot more completed but unfortunately life got in the way (I worked every single weekend this month!- in addition to working to every day of the working week).  That being said, life didn't suck entirely- I strict pressed 75kg!  Personal best!  Hooray!  Must be the painting!

I've talked a bit about the painting scheme for the PA troops so I won't go much into it.

I'm really happy how they've come together- they really are pretty cool models as far as aliens go (and I'm a massive xenophobe).

So in game terms- they are all carrying pretty hefty weaponry.  The standard rifle toting PAP looks like he's packing a LSW (SAW) equivalent.  The cone shaped weapon I imagine is a plasma anti armour weapon- also I'd imagine highly useful in splatting small areas in fusion goo.  The other PAP- not well shown- is carrying a heavy weapon- I think it's a .50 cal equivalent of alien goodness.

I considered leaving off the power packs/ back packs entirely.  They look cumbersome, those horn things jutting into the air.  I can see them getting caught on door frames, branches, concertina.  I guess if it's alien enough- it could actually be kind of organic and limb like- automatically curling in or ducking back out of the way.

Jets!
I think those jet things provide some mobility for the PAPs in zero G environments and under water.  It doesn't look controllable enough to provide them 'hop' abilities like the Mobile Infantry in Starship Troopers.

As far as how the army is progressing- once I complete the next four PAPs- I'm onto fixing up a single Crusty Tank.  We'll see how it goes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment