Friday, November 15, 2013

Morat Vanguard HMG - Bacchus

Bacchus
So I finished another Morat Vanguard this week- the heavy machine gunner- who I've called Bacchus. He wasn't too bad to finish since I'd already ironed out the colour scheme for the Vanguard infantry.

Even amongst the up-scaled comic book style Morat Vanguards he is huge- towering over everyone.  I guess it's fitting for the gunner to the biggest man (alien?) in the squad but even so, the scaling is ridiculous amongst the dimensions of the Morat army (this guy dwarfs a Sogarat who is completely encased in power armour).

Big grenades- or are they something else?
 
I'm quite happy with the glowing plasma gun effect on the rear of the HMG.  The front side I got a bit too enthusiastic with the dry brushing and over did it- so the glowing effect was not as good.

Washboard abs
He is an imposing model, but the scale creep and the cartoonish pose (yes, I know it's a game and not a simulation) makes him my least favourite model so far in the Morat Aggression Force.  He is adequate for table top play and that's all I expect of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment