Saturday, November 9, 2013

Morat Vanguard Infantry #3: Quintus

Quintus is particularly well read
I finally finished off another Vanguard this morning.  It has (once again) been a busy week with work and post grad stuff.  If nothing else, Quintus demonstrates that putting in a half hour here and there- consistently- over time leads to a finished model.
The photo is a bit under exposed- any brighter and the reds on his face turned into a bright blobby mess and I really wanted to show the highlight stages.

I'm not a big fan of his pose, I think it's a bit too heroic/ cinematic for a grubby professional, but I suppose it'll do for the Infinity universe.  What I did like was that it was all one piece and it gave me a break from the infernal Araldyte/ super glue/ milliput debacle that has come to characterise assembling multipart white metal miniatures.  So I'm grateful!

I'm very happy with the gems- I think I've got blue gems licked.

Turning his back on the unread masses.
Damn it… forgot to highlight the grenade again!  And now he's already been varnished.

Boring side view.
To finish him I'll need to gloss varnish the gems and then fix that ruddy grenade.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment