Saturday, October 10, 2015

Roger Van Zant- Limited Edition

It won't hurt... much.
This guy is rather infamous to anyone who has played against Ariadna and had a nasty surprise walk on from an unprotected board edge.

One of my fellow club members was nice enough to put in a big order of Van Zant's for the lot of us during GENCON 2015 and I put in my order too.  I'm glad I did (despite the price tag) as he has turned out to be quite a nice model!



Skin.  Lots of skin.
Painting the skin was going to be the main challenge of this model.  I went back to my formula and it turned out well- for tabletop anyway.  The key was point was the glaze of Cavalry Brown giving the skin a nice glow rather than leaving him pasty looking.

Paint between the lines.
The jacket was painted with VGC Charred Brown, washed with Citadel Brown Ink and then highlighted with VMC Chocolate Brown.

It looked dull- so I added VGC Medium Grey to the Chocolate Brown on a wet palette (key point- get a wet palette!) and highlighted again.  I mixed in more Medium Grey and then did a second 'super highlight' and it made the model really stand out.

AP Rifle
The rifle I painted as for all my Grunts.  I spent a bit more time on the barrel and the vents which turned out quite well!

Pre-varnishing
Overall- I'm reasonably happy with this job and look forward to my next Ariadna model.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment