Thursday, March 20, 2014

Empress Miniatures: Gunner with MAG58

Carrying a MAG58 variant
The gun has a cut down barrel.

I like the look of the camouflage on this guy better than the last shotgun toting miniature,

The main difference was that I painted all the base colours, the 'dashes' and then washed the whole thing in Athonian Camoshade.  I then did a few dashes in VMC Ivory to finish off the cam.  Then a light drybrush of VMC Buff finished it off.I kept the highlights of the weapons and the straps/ gloves to a simple base coat, then highlight.

Straps and dashes
It looks like a closer approximation to multicam than my first attempt.

The boots were a base coat, wash, highlight (drybrush)
I'll have to write a step by step with my next set of historicals now I'm happier with the scheme.

Patrolling resolutely.




No comments:

Post a Comment