Friday, March 21, 2014

Zerat Special Mission Regiment: Antigone

Scout with sniper rifle
The Zerats are a scouting force.

In game terms, they are a useful addition to the Morat Aggression Force because they allow deployment into the middle of the board.  This makes them quite useful for objective snatching.

They aren't particularly dangerous models, but the -3 to hit modifier from Mimetism does make them difficult to winkle out of cover.
I tried to keep the general colour theme of my MAF and it has worked out quite well.

Minimalist base
Painting the hair was a real pain- but I set aside time one night to that and that alone and I got it done.

Swirly hair and glowing sniper rifle
The black body of the rifle looks a bit bare, but it is acceptable.

I attempted to distinguish the black of the weapons from the black of the clothes by using some Eshin Grey for the clothing edges before highlighting with VGC Cold Grey and then VGC Ghost Grey.

The distinction is subtle and I don't know if it's worth the hassle (especially when it's on the tabletop).

Ready to snipe
Until next time, happy gaming.

5 comments:

  1. Great looking mini.

    Got any tips for easy measurement of the 180 LoF?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just eye ball it and paint it in.

      I suppose if you wanted to be super precise you could trace an outline of the base on a template, then measure the template, then draw in a 'guide' at the perfect mid point, then put the base back on the template and paint in the 180 fire arc but....

      ... I just eye ball it.

      LoL

      Delete
    2. Addition- I often get it wrong with the first set of markers- so I'll paint it over with black paint and make a slight adjustment until I'm happy.

      And thanks for the encouragement re: the Zerat. The positive feedback is very welcome!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see the Zerat in action, curious as to how well she will work. Early game assassin maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. I'm not really sure how to fit it into the game plan. I'll just have to give it a whirl and see what happens.

      Delete