Thursday, April 17, 2014

Treitak: Anyat

All men are mortal.
I completed this model this morning.

"Anyat" is a Special Character for the Morat sectorial from the Dire Foes Mission Pack.

She's a spec-ops character- so she can do ITS objectives- and most awesomely, she carries K1 ammunition.  After a few encounters with enemy armour, I've learned to appreciate the power of armour piercing (or in this case- armour negating) firepower.

Lots of people name their swords!
She was OK to construct.  I used a little bit of green stuff and super glue to put her together (at the suggestion of one of my readers) and it worked well.  I also supplemented with some araldyte if any of the joints became a bit unstable.

Something wrong with your leg, boy?
Painting wise- she was tricky.  There was a fair amount of very fine detail that was almost blanketed out by the undercoat!  This was especially true of the armour straps on the legs.  

Anyone can be killed
This was also true of the moulding around the pistol.  I tried to cover that up a bit with the paint and selected highlights.

Not today
In gaming terms, I'll run her in a link team with my Vanguard infantry.  The extra burst and +3 to hit modifier will be very useful for eliminating heavily armoured models lurking about.  I can also use the orders to move the link team into objectives and actually defend them at the same time!  

If necessary she can break free of the link team and utilize 'climbing plus' to surprise annoying snipers before rejoining the link team later.

Until next time- happy gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment