Saturday, April 26, 2014

Morat Vanguard (New Version): Trajan 2.0

Looking for a dropped coin
I wasn't going to paint these guys since I already have the old version Vanguards.

That being said I was stretching the budget for themonth and my lead pile is still as enormous as ever.  So meet Trajan 2.0!
I like the new proportions.  Smaller heads is definitely a plus, though I do miss the cartoony aesthetics.  Meaner looking weaponry is also very cool.  He's bulky and oddly enough reminds me of a Tactical Marine.  

Better lighting, but more exposure.
The pose?  If there was one thing I didn't like about the model, it would be the silly pose.  He looks like he's shoulder charging a door.  His barrel is pointing where he's looking and his finger is on the trigger!  Bad drills for such a professional.  Tut tut.

Apart from that it's a good model.  Not too difficult to paint either.

Carrying his assault pack
Not inspiring but good enough to fill the slot on a link team.

Until next time, happy gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment